View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Okay good to know. I was aware that you can run iPhone apps in the iPad, but it had to be in compatibility mode.

What I don't understand is why there is usually two apps with the same title except one as 'HD'. I had always assumed one way or in one the other for tablets. So if you buy an iPad 'HD' app it should work on the iphone/iTouch?
"HD" versions of apps are, as you rightly say, optimized for use on the iPad rather than the iPhone. But many apps will detect which platform they're running on, and dynamically reconfigure their layout accordingly. It's really just a marketing gimmick to sell two versions of an app; there's certainly no technical reason for it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote