View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #30
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I maintain: none. I have a PEZ, which supports folders; it works fine for a few hundred books. It does not work well for a few thousand, much less an entire large library.

A 2gb card can easily hold 3,000 novel-length ebooks... or five times that many short stories. A library at your fingertips... viewable 8-10 titles at a time. EReaders don't even have the elegance of Windows Explorer, with filenames in a neat list & resorted by date or filetype with a single click.

If you put the entire Baen CD collection of ebooks on an ereader--limited to a single format of choice--how would they be sorted? Folder per CD, so you wade through a couple-dozen folders, trying to remember which CD name corresponds to which series? How are the ebooks organized inside the folders--is it easy to note sub-series, or are they all in filename order, or renumbered in chrono order, or release-date order?
The entire Baen CD collection (EPUB) IS on my PEz
There are 2304 books on my SD card.

The layout of your folders (and number of files within) may be the cause of the overload?
Attached is the layout I use. Root folders are shown on the Left pane.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PEz_folder_layout.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	75446  
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote