View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Sounds normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAmandaK View Post
Let me start by saying: Absolutely LOVE my paperwhite - it's fantastic. I have read more books in the past month than I have in years - seriously.

I noticed the other day though that after reading a book in a single setting (about 8-9 hours ish) with no wifi on, the Paperwhite had gone from about full battery to maybe 40% ish or less.

Is this normal?

Wifi wasn't on (that I remember) and the only other thing I can think is I deliver thinks via Whispernet a bunch (free books off Amazon, the auto-deliver option)

Does anyone else have this issue? Is this normal? I would just like a reality check before I call Amazon or anything. I have had it since ... oh probably October, but just started to notice this (since my reading has since picked up).

Thank you!
That sounds normal to me. I can get 12 hours of reading with my PW with WiFi off other than for syncing. I go down to the 15% level before charging. If you just keep reading, the 15% warning will flash on your PW screen when you reach that level.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote