View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #23
Smashwords
Connoisseur
Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
The opportunity for JK to do the right thing

Right on, Alphapheemail. As we parodied in the release, she's not making a penny on pirated sales (and this is too bad, because she has a right to profit from her books!). She has the ability to publish each book in e- for 80% off the $35 list price yet still make a per copy royalty equal to or greater than if someone purchases the dead tree version. She'd make a lot of people happy, and she'd earn many more millions in well-deserved profits. It's a win-win all around. And I'm serious about the offer in the press release to donate our proceeds to charity for the first year, or, if she were to take us up on our open offer to be the first #1 former NY Times best-seller to publish with us for 100% net royalty for the first 12 months, she could donate everything to charity too if she wanted. She does have an impressive philanthropic record, so why not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphapheemail View Post
It's really dumb of Rowling to try to hold out only to reap bigger rewards on the sale of paperbacks. If her main concern is pirating, I have a source that tells me that some of the "thieves" or "robin hoods" of the net have made her books available already.

Soo... um... yea...

Ms. Rowling: Where the is a demand, there will be a supplier. Might as well just be the supplier and make alot of people happy.
Smashwords is offline   Reply With Quote