View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 09:17 AM   #11
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I just tried this on Mac OS X with stock Sigil (most recent) and all of the TJ's and smart versions are marked as incorrectly spelled in CodeView on first start-up.

I then modified your test case to include a duplicate of each of your 2 lines so that I could see if later versions are properly ignored or not (see below).

Code:
<body>
  <p>The draft which TJ submitted to Hamilton is in Ford, VI, 7-69, with Hamilton’s notes and TJ’s comments on them.</p>

<p>The draft which TJ submitted to Hamilton is in Ford, VI, 7-69, with Hamilton’s notes and TJ's comments on them.</p>

<p>The draft which TJ submitted v2 to Hamilton is in Ford, VI, 7-69, with Hamilton’s notes and TJ’s comments on them.</p>

<p>The draft which TJ submitted v2 to Hamilton is in Ford, VI, 7-69, with Hamilton’s notes and TJ's comments on them.</p>
</body>
I then right clicked on the red squiggly line of the first smart version and selected "Ignore".

And correctly all later versions (both smart and dumb) are properly now not marked as wrong.

So I can not recreate your issue at all.

So what exact version of Sigil are you using? What version of Qt is it using? Have you installed your own dictionaries and if so which?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
Actually, that reminds me of another Spellchecking bug that has been bothering me for a while.

I attached a Sample EPUB to show the problem.

Sample Code:

In Code View, you can see both TJ’s (smart quote) + TJ's (dumb quote) is marked as a misspelled word.

If you Right Click on the first one + Ignore... nothing happens.

If you Right Click on the second one + Ignore... both lose their red squigglies.

This is pretty frustrating. I have a Keyboard Shortcut set to the "Ignore" function, and it becomes painstaking to work through larger books, because the "smart quote" words never get properly Ignored.

This is an issue on Windows (not too sure about other OSes).

KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote