View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 02:05 AM   #32
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I installed the new GoogleMap app into my brand new iPhone 5. Just bought last week. GoogleMap showed my position about 5 blocks away from where I actually was, although it did give the correct name for the area in English. The standard map app that came with the phone pinpointed me right to my building.

Stitchawl
I think you probably started google maps first and the GPS took a bit of time to place you accurately. When you started iOS maps it had gotten its satellites in order and was able to place you correctly. As holymadness says, GPS data is the same for both apps.

Obviously you are much wiser than me and you check where your app is taking you BEFORE running in the direction indicated. I forgot to do that a couple of times with iOS map, with rather disastrous results the last time. Neither app, or any GPS app/device for that matter, should be trusted blindly.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote