View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #6
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
Thanks for your suggestions guys!

No, the Smashwords Style Guide doesn't make a single mention of bullet or numbered lists, and I noticed on their blog that they acknowledge there are problems with converting them.

I've just checked the ePub file on my Kobo and the bullets are way off to the left in the margin, and numbers in numbered lists don't appear at all!

I think the best option is just for me to use straight text and forget about nicely indented lists.
You might be able to use a hanging indent to simulate a bullet point. There's also a bullet character (option-8 on a Mac, dunno what the alt code is for a PC) that should be supported. Paste the bullets into a text editor and then see if the various readers support that?
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote