Thread: PRS-900 Odd behavior (battery?)
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Odd behavior (battery?)

I was traveling, in Malaysia on business for a week, and I didn't bother to bring my charger. My battery has always been good for at least a week, even with extra page turns from long flights.

Right at the end of the week my reader 'locked up' overnight. The last page I read was displayed and it showed one bar consumed of battery life. I had left the wireless connection turned off to conserve power. The reader would not respond to any buttons and the power-on slider just made the red charging light blink a couple of times. The reset button had no effect. I removed and replaced the battery with no effect. I tried charging through the USB port but my laptop did not even recognize the reader when I plugged it in.

When I got home, a few hours of charging through the 5V port fixed my problem and the reader did a hard reset power-on. Phew!

Maybe my battery life indicator was way off but I've run it down every other month just to sort of calibrate it. Very odd behavior and it cost me a lot of ringgets to buy a couple of p-books for the flight home.

Moral of the story is? Don't trust the gas tank? Never leave your charger at home?
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote