View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 04:03 PM   #67
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pochopsp View Post
I still don't get why eBook readers should have backlight. With backlight they almost become LCDs. Backlight is what harms our eyes and makes eBook reader screens look much less like natural paper.
Although I agree in general, honestly I can say that the backlight is good for flexibility (those few situations in which etc.). If not having that layer at all dramatically improved the visual quality, I would do without (but I cannot compare, or never did proper "on field" research).

BTW: If I have to read in dimmed light, I prefer light-on-pitch-black OLED. Not sure it is healthy, though ; )
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote