View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
We know we can scratch the PDF and Mobi formats for my Sony Reader 505, especially as the it is clear that ebooks are DRMed. So My choice is between ePub and LIT, and I'm asking advice.
No true. Sony will read the PDF. But certainly not the best choice. ePub would be the choice to go with if you want a DRMed format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
My thought is to download the ePub versions, thinking that ePub is the standard for the future for reading devices (at least as best as we can guess). OTOH, if I download the LIT versions, I can run ConvertLIT and Calibre.
ePub may be the future, but wrapped with Adobe DRM it is pretty crippled.

Your best bet is to buy the LIT version, deDRM it and convert it to LRF or ePUB for your Sony. This would also make it much more future proof.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote