View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 07:13 PM   #39
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
[...]Maybe it would be a good exercise Meeting a deadline often comes down to setting priorities, and discipline. Meeting word length will be determined by what to include or leave out, obviously.

This project could help you to learn to do these things better [...]
I guess everyone will have different expectations of the process. I have no particular interest in forcing deadlines and lengths, I have enough of those sorts of stresses in normal work. I'm mostly curious about the workings of the project you have proposed: how it will work, what effect it might have on the story I contribute, and if it works what will come of it.

I see I'm not the only one that is not inclined to discuss too much until a story is essentially complete. The story I have in mind to contribute is what I consider to be a first draft, it's written and I think it mostly works, but there is definitely room for improvement and things it will be interesting to discuss.

As Graham suggested, it seems to me that much of this may be able to take place in parallel because different submissions will be at different stages ... and it's probably the only way to have it come to completion in any reasonable time.

Since not everyone uses LibreOffice/OpenOffice, it may be necessary to work with .doc or .txt formats (not every version of Word will open .odt). The final merging of each of the different contributions into something suitable for final publication should be an education in itself.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote