View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #24
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Human Resources.
How I loathe Human Resources departments. There was once a time when these people called themselves 'Personnel' and weren't so uppity. Occasionally they would give impartial advice. They were mostly truthful. How things change. Today the *******s will say anything that they hope they can get away with. Fortunately, I do not believe something merely because a person in a polyester suit says that it is so.

When they aren't practicing mendacity, or engaging in 'creative writing', these people organise courses in, among other things 'Managing Stress in the Workplace' (!!!!!) I am almost tempted to go along and heckle. Or perhaps I should try a conflict management course.

And the term is just plain wrong, anyway. I am not a resource. I am a person, not a photocopier. 'Human resources' sound like Cthulu's lunch, or the contents of Marc's unspeakable pockets.

(--Marc, remember the days when you would rhapsodise about pies. I like pies. Especially that memorable tarte aux poires.)

I hope this will be cathartic. But I doubt it. These people are worse than squirrels.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote