View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 07:35 PM   #53
Kane
Kane , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kane , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kane , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kane , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kane , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kane , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kane , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kane , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kane , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kane , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kane , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony Reader PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by binzer View Post
I like a pretty diverse field of stuff that includes pretty much every fiction genre, but I find that I usually have favorite individual books rather than favorite authors. As far as fantasy series' go my favorite authors are probably George RR Martin and Steven Erikson.

In general the books I enjoy the most have strong character development, and often clever or unexpected plots (if that helps).

Thanks for the suggestion btw tompe I've dled the first book and will give it a try. On a side note, don't you just hate most fantasy book covers? They're often one of the biggest deterrents when I'm looking at new books to try :P
For fantasy from the free library try Oath of Swords by David Weber and Lord of the Isles by David Drake.

Regarding Erikson- I've read the two Bauchelain and Korbal Broach novellas and plan to read Gardens of the Moon soon. I sure wish the series was available in ebook form. Maybe Tor will offer Gardens as one of their promotional titles.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote