View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 02:34 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittingfor4 View Post
Where do you buy/get free ebooks? I found booksonboard and fictionwise in addition to sony, amazon, project gutenburg. I just want to get a feel for how much content will be available to me.
For free pd books look here at MobileRead, Feedbooks, Manybooks...

For buying books...

The only place to buy books for the Sony is from the Sony ebook store or Multiformat books from Fictionwise (note some small publishers/indie authors offer Sony too). Baen also sells their stuff in RTF which works on the Sony or LIT (without DRM) which takes 30 seconds to convert.

For the Kindle the sources are similar to the Sony, except replace Sony in the paragraph above with Amazon. There is also a hack out that lets you read Mobipocket books on the Kindle.

For the Cybook Gen3 or iLiad you can buy Mobipocket books from pretty much any ebook retailer (see below).

For any of the above the best choice IMO (some will disagree) is to buy MS Reader (LIT) format books, break the DRM & then convert it to whatever format your device needs. For Sony you'd use libprs500 (lit2lrf) and for Kindle, Cybook or iLiad you'd use Mobipocket Creator. Either conversion takes very little time and you'll be able to convert to something else later if you switch devices.

Some stores...
Fictionwise
Books On Board
Simon Says
ebooks.com
Baen (webscription.net)
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote