View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 01:18 AM   #1
Knittingfor4
Knittingfor4 began at the beginning.

Device: Still Shopping
Shopping: ebooks, converting, need help.

I never knew these things existed! I'm so excited I just posted an intro here

So, I'm not very technically inclined, dh will be doing all the computer stuff for this little project. He's gotten some free ebooks, but I have no idea what they are. Basically I have no ebooks of my own. I read novels with no pictures. I would just like access to more than one ebook store. I don't "dig" Kindle or Sony because of this, but I think Sony can be worked around if I understand right. So, what is the most popular ebook format, Mobipocket? That can be converted to use on Sony right? So basically can you tell me where to get ebooks, and the converters for them. Then dh can do the techy stuff and I can get the Sony, which is a very nice device, I tried it out! I cannot use computer screen type devices, I'm very limited on my screen time before my eyes bleed. I NEED e-ink screens. A dictionary would be a cool novelty feature at first, but no big deal one way or the other. Don't need to search text. Don't need lights. Don't need internet or whatever those letters are, I will buy books from my pc and use the plug to put them on the reader, like a camera kwim.

So, I'm gonna poke around here some more in the morn. In the meantime - thanks for any advice!
Knittingfor4 is offline   Reply With Quote