View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 08:45 AM   #10
Gatton
Groupie
Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021, assorted Fire tablets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig
PDF is both very good and horrid, depending on what you want to do with it. Adobe has _never_ wanted it to be anything other than an final display format; they have never wanted it to be any form of interchange format.
Thanks for the detailed info dwig. I've always liked PDF when I needed to read something onscreen or print it out. I love that I can download things like forms (especially the myriad government forms) in PDF and print them out without having to get them from the post office or request them.

But conversion to another format such as txt and html has been a nightmare. I think I've tried all the inexpensive and free solutions. I hear the ones that cost an arm and a leg do a better job (Acrobat full version and that Gemini one) but I don't forsee being able to afford those anytime soon.

Maybe it's my fault for trying to make PDF do something that it's not supposed to do.
Gatton is offline   Reply With Quote