View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 11:55 AM   #103
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Just a suggestion for the 'which fonts work' wiki -- maybe turn it into a table that includes OTF and TTF checkbox columns. Since commercial fonts (of which a few seem to be listed) generally can come in both different flavors, it wouldn't be a bad idea to distinguish between the two. If someone likes the looks of a certain typeface, they can be sure they're getting the version that is known to work properly.

As for the OT PDF dicussion, most PDFs contain embedded fonts (or subsets of the used glyphs) and render using those--no rasterization involved (well, not until display time at least). The Chinese PDF probably doesn't have the font embedded. Cmd/Ctrl-D in Acrobat will give you a list of what fonts are referenced in it and whether they're embedded or not. If you have questions, you can PM me. I'll try to help if I can.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote