View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 01:40 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
1) You can delete ebooks. It is safest to do so using the Library app rather than deleting over the USB connection. That way, the device's ebook database stays in sync automatically. People have had trouble in the past by deleting every ebook via USB and then having the device hang when starting (at least on older devices). Note that the Library app can delete whole directories and their contents at once.

2) I'm not sure what you're asking. Within the device's OS, the SD card gets mounted at /mnt/ext2. The internal filesystem that gets exported by USB is mounted at /mnt/ext1. You can see that if you install a terminal app, or one of the networked terminals (utelnetd, sshd,...). Externally, via USB Mass Storage, the internal and SD card filesystems show up separately. The SD card needs to have a FAT filesystem. You can get the device to format it correctly for you (somewhere in the Settings/Maintenance menus).

3) You can set up user profiles on the device so that multiple users can configure it to their own tastes. I've never used that feature myself, so I don't know if there is any password protection there, or if it extends to the ebooks themselves. I doubt it, but maybe someone else can say. I haven't seen any e-ink device yet that uses a login to restrict access.
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote