Thread: Ebook Price War
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #18
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
So you are saying that half of Calibre users are followers of the Apprentice?
No, not at all. That is the number downloaded from the secondary server. I would expect the numbers downloaded from their primary server to be many times that.

But another way to look at it is to consider that during that time calibre went through many versions, so some people would have been downloading multiple times.

I think the most that can be said is that the number of calibre users and the number of tools users is of approximately the same order of magnitude (but I suspect that there are more calibre users).

But both are a LOT less than the number of people using ebook readers. Perhaps by two orders of magnitude, since calibre users are in the six (perhaps seven) figure range, while ebook users are in the eight to nine digit range (world-wide).
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote