View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 05:08 PM   #134
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
Well, perhaps... I suppose I'd have to really want that option, but I really can't see why. It's pretty easy to put in or take out HDD's in the pc case. For storage only drives, it's easy enough to keep them in the PC but disabled. I have purchased a HDD docking station to pop in HDDs that I'm no longer using but might like to access some time. It works great, but I have noticed, I seldom use it. That being said, it was only $40 for the dual docking station, so no biggie. However $580 for diskless network box with storage potential, but no actual storage?? What am I missing or is it as ridiculously overpriced as it seems?
It's on par of the prices with other devices with the same features.

As you said, it cost about the same as a PC with 4 drive bays... since that's what it is I think the price is pretty much in line... it cost less than a Drobo which is basically the same thing.

No I don't think it is over priced... although I would like to see it cost less.

You want over priced, check THIS out.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote