View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I'm jealous! Imagine what it would look like with a light!

My latest theory: Amazon used prime eInk screens for the K4B since it doesn't have a light, and they used much lesser quality screens (though with better resolution) for the PW because it does have a light. W/o light on my PW screen looks as brown as my Touch, and the Touch looks dark!

Alternate theory: The 758x1024 eInk screens are in the first generation or so and thus have not reached the level of quality as the screens used in the K4B.

What I am reasonably sure of is that Amazon did not use a specially designed eInk screen with the PW. That is simply marketing BS. They obviously used some off-the-shelf, ho-hum screens. They are relying on the light to make them look terrific, which of course it does not. Better than the Touch and the Nook Glowlight, but not the promised white background.
My theory is the people who made the Earlier K3s are now manufacturing the K4B. The people who did the K4S is now manufacturing the PW.

I use my booklight once to read in the dark already. It looked completely white. I'm going to get a second K4B for backup just in case quality ever goes down. It's just that great of a reader.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote