View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 10:03 AM   #2
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Interesting. I find that my reading speed changes depending on the text (of course, right?). For academic stuff, it's slower by quite a bit. For fiction and nonfiction books for leisure, I can read them very quickly. I was well trained. When I entered graduate school in anthropology, we had to read about 1,000 pages a week of hard dense text. No kidding you. This is 1,000 pages/week! For a course that was 10 weeks long, this meant reading over 20 some books and having a three volume course reader that was a compilation of various journal articles.
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote