View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #198
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoplasm View Post
This is actually pretty sweet for automatically cropping text based PDF page margins. This is the first tool I found that does this automatically. If there are others, please comment. I'm not interested in the programs where you have to select a region by hand.
There is VeryDOC PDF-Margin-Crop from a few years ago.

http://www.verydoc.com/pdf-margin-crop.html

It is not freeware but we can have about 40 trial croppings.

Just enter some margin value like 5X5x5x5 points or 10x10x10x10 and it will crop text based pdf nicely.

For pdf scan (with or without ocr layer) it is again (as in the case of soPdf) advisable to crop pdf roughly beforehand by Pdf-Scissors or Briss and then apply PDF Margin Crop, results were always good for me that way.

I also used to crop margins of text based pdfs by printing them in virtual printer, in Adobe Reader, Acrobat etc.

We should first check exact dimensions of text (usually under comments/measure/distance) and then print with auto-center box checked and corresponding Width x Hight.

Last edited by markom; 11-20-2012 at 06:36 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote