View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 11:02 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What would be the point of running in it in a vm with the same system? Use a different system.

Also what are you doing in calibre to cause the memory to increase? For instance if I start calibre memory usage is ~ 100MB then I use the edit metadata dialog for many books, memory usage climbs to 200MB and stays constant there no matter how many books I edit the metadata for. Since most tasks in calibre happen in short lived worker processes, I dont see how they could be leaking memory.

The only other things I can think of that happen in the same process are running the calibre content server and connecting to a device.

Two things you can do to decrease coupling to the system is use the binary calibre install and in Preferences->Look & Feel change the theme from system default to calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote