View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
affa
Connoisseur
affa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
good practice question / re-converting

So I understand that in order to get certain changes to 'stick', you need to reconvert. I believe the cover is the key element in this regard, since some/all metadata does get updated when pushing to a device.

This has set off a mild OCD paranoia for me -- as soon as I make any change (say, fixing a casing issue in the title) I instantly reconvert. This is because I've grown tired of uploading a file, only to find i need to delete, reconvert, and resend to get the right cover.

Is there any way to tell which files have been updated but still need to be re-converted to, say, mobi, to get the changes to stick?

I'd think a simple date comparison between last metadata change (or just cover change?) and the creation date of your format of choice (in my case, mobi) would allow the generation of a column (or report) which shows you which files need reconversion.

Thoughts? Solutions?
affa is offline   Reply With Quote