Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #119
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
My K5 boots to diags now, after it charged in fastboot mode for awhile.

There is still the issue of what caused the battery to drain completely, with a green LED, while it was in screensaver mode and connected to the host PC with usbnet enabled (but no SSH connections).

It is rebooting to the main desktop now. It is up. Hmm. The status bar shows the battery almost empty. Plugging in USB changes the status bar icon to "charging" just before switching the display to "USB Drive Mode".

So. It is alive. It really was a dead battery. Why was it dead, while connected to USB, in screensaver mode, with a green LED? How do we help others who have this problem?

@ixtab: I do not think that your latest noads patch was the problem, but *something* (perhaps the previous noads?) caused my battery to discharge. It could have just been a fluke though, that may not happen again. There are some strange gremlins in some versions of 5.1.0, I think... Which reminds me, we need some way to identify the different 5.1.0 firmware versions -- any ideas? [Is this "firmware version number obfuscation", by any chance? Or did they just give up on firmware versions and go by md5sums of specific files to determine which updates are applied?]

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-26-2012 at 12:16 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote