View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #44
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Landstrom View Post
Have you noticed other books do? As far as the finer points of formatting goes, I just guessed. I'm not sure how you can enforce a chapter to start on it's own page in an ebook that might be seen on a variety of devices.
I don't know about a majority of devices, but there is a newpage command that, if present in the HTML, will trigger a new page on the Kindle in the mobi version (and on screen in the pc mobi reader). I think I even have it in some notes somewhere, but would have to track it down. I don't know that Word bothers to put in the command, though, when it does a save to html (and you can't see it, of course, in an html viewer, as html doesn't understand page breaks). And most of the converter programs from PDF don't put them in either, it seems (which makes sense, as otherwise there would be a page break for every PDF page).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote