View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 11:43 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by hap124 View Post
When researching the Aura One I see two complaints that jump out at me:

1. It's slow. Relative to Kindles that is. I occasionally see someone say theirs isn't slow but the majority of comments seem to note speed. Has this ever been compared in a controlled way? Any other input?
Are you talking about recent complaints? If not, the performance of the firmware was been improved by a lot over several firmware version last year. You also need to be clear about whether the speed difference is in the interface or page turning. And which is more important to you.

From my point of view as non-Kindle user, I have no issue with the performance of any of my Kobo devices. They aren't fast, but I don't expect them to be.
Quote:
2. The glare. I have never had a glass front E-Reader and always read with a lamp fairly directly lighting my device to really bring out the contrast. (LED lighting bothers me so no plan to use frontlight) How is the glare compared to the bare matte plastic screens?
I really don't know what you are talking about here. I can't think of much discussion on glare with respect to any Kobo devices. And none of the screens are glass. They are probably the same screens as in Kindles.

Also, the lighting in all of these devices are LED. So, of that bothers you, you are in trouble. Or did you mean the lighting for LCD screens?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote