View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 07:14 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAstoria View Post
"Using a print-to-PDF program like doPDF or PrimoPDF, you can convert a DOC or TXT to PDF"
Yes, and you can also convert same to pdf through Open Office which is free too!
I don't believe that Amazon is actually charging anyone the 10cent fee. I think that is what they were going to do, but so far, haven't charged anyone that I know, including myself.
Also Calibre is great for converting txt to mobi and downloading directly onto your device. Don't know about docs as I don't use them myself. It does convert pdfs although I haven't tried it.
Nice article and definitely a program to keep an eye on. Thanks!
Note that the 10c fee is not for conversion - that is free - but for optionally wirelessly sending the converted document to the Kindle. If you opt to have it e-mailed back to you, there is no fee.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote