View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 08:10 AM   #418
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiieey View Post
Does anyone have a link to any reviews of that 13.3'' device they made a while back? All I ever saw was a youtube video of someone getting annoyed and throwing the stylus at their device
Haven't come across any thorough independent reviews of the device. However, in the thread about it in the Netronix section, one person claimed to own the device and posted the following comments:

Quote:
13.3 Inch Android
I have one of these devices. The biggest problem with it at the moment is the OS stability and the failure to keep the Play Store running. I have resorted to downloading older APK versions manually and transporting via SD Card to get the toy limping along. I think its going to take time as Goodreader are behaving as per their reputation from what I can see.

This is my experience to date. I thought you guys might be interested.

-----------
I have tried various versions of the google app store and various versions of google play services. All crash before I am able to perform updates or installs (have now given up with this)
I have found the Dolphin Browser from the GoodReader app store to be solid and reliable.
Amazon Kindle 4.8.0.188 works well for me so far
Evernote 7.2 seems to work ok and takes notes etc (I need to use it hard to test it). I wil try more recent versions.
Nova launcher is fun as the animations can be shut off but it really need a White theme (still looking)

As I now have a machine I can use I might try some other fun apps plus some productivity.

When the reader is running... ie between crashed... it is a great piece of kit. I do hope that the netronix team or goodereader can get the os stable and the Play Store functioning reliably.

Question.. does anyone have the Google Play Store working reliably?

The forum is a great idea but tricky to work with... and it seems to be down right now... hence reporting here.

Throughout this whole campaign the GoodEreader team have been really bad at updating. I am seeing the same consistent behaviour in the support threads. Some very simply question are not getting answered. This worries me.

The simplest of those questions is.. Will this device be getting a firmware upgrade to android 5.0? I wish to also ask.. Will this device be getting a firmware upgrade at all?
------------------

I think i can piece together a working useful machine with the right APK's. Bit lame but I can use it for what it was bought for. and a bit more.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=272106&page=4

I have also preserved some various other comments by frustrated backers in that thread as the folks at Good e-Reader had a tendency to delete them as soon as they popped up. Maybe that was because they were resolving those issues. But, then again, maybe not. You can draw your own inferences based on the way they handled and are handling that campaign.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote