View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 09:05 AM   #411
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Are they saying that their reader is going to be natively capable of reading Amazon's proprietary ebook files? Because if what they mean is that you can convert to EPUB and read like you can do on any other reader then that's pretty damned misleading.
I think what they meant was that, because the device is running Android, you will be able to install apps from vendors such as Kindle and Kobo to read your books on this device.

Theoretically, that should be possible. However, if you look at the experience of some of their backers for their 13.3" campaign, you will find that some have not been able to get Kindle up and running. Others have been able to install an older version of the app, but it apparently does not run well.

The problem seems to be a combination of the older version of Android that device runs, along with the fact that many apps are not optimized for eink ereaders.

What version of Android will this new device be running? Guess we will just have to wait and see. However, I would be very wary about backing the campaign based on the user feedback I have seen from their 13.3" campaign which I have followed very closely.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote