View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 12:07 PM   #407
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I don't wish them ill and I understand that it's not easy launching a new product. But from what I can see from the outside, they just seem fundamentally unqualified to do what they are doing.
I don't wish them ill either. Indeed, I would like them to be successful. It would be great to see more viable devices on the market driving innovation.

However, the way in which they handled their 13.3" campaign was really quite questionable. For example, they allowed many people to think that they would be able to hook up an external keyboard to the device via an OTG cable despite knowing that this was not possible. To me, that seems a rather deceptive way to conduct business.

Quote:
posted by Michael Kozlowski Apr 7, 2016 • 8:43AM
1 year ago

Here are a bunch of updates.

There are a number of things we are testing with the Good e-Reader 13.3 and we are making progress on a number of cool features.

One of the most exciting things we are doing is getting a proper USB Host Controller system working on our device, so you can attach a keyboard and use it to navigate around or simply be more productive. This will hopefully set the stage for being able to write blog posts, take notes in class, write novels or simply browse the web.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1...eader#/updates

They knew a year ago that there was no USB host controller on their device, but they never updated their Indiegogo page to let potential backers know. Instead, that information was buried in the comments section on their website.

Quote:
pinkpachyderm • a year ago

I'm really leaning towards getting this. However, is it likely to support USB OTG? I'd really like to be able to attach a keyboard to it.

Good E-Reader Mod • a year ago

Sadly our device does not have a USB Host controller.

http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...-inch-e-reader

And so some backers thought that they would be able to easily hook up an external keyboard to the device.

Quote:
Corey Wear • 2 months ago

Once I get mine in the mail, Ill be downloading an editor for writing code. Since this is an android based device I should be able to hook it up to a micro-controller and download my code. Fingers crossed. Anyone use the Ereader with a wireless keyboard? I am planing on doing this too, for writing purposes.

Ireturnedmine • 2 months ago

This model doesn't have bluetooth. I do not think it would work with a wireless keyboard. Perhaps a USB one...might work. with a OTG adapter and usb hub.

Corey Wear • 2 months ago

I could have sworn hearing it was in one of their videos. Maybe an old school usb wireless keyboard attached to an OTG adapter?!

Elijah Beale • 2 months ago

^This should probably work as external input device support is a part of base Android.

Note:

Writing code on this is def going to either:
a. make you a better touch typist
b. make you one one if you aren't
c. greatly reduce your wpm (not such a big deal for writing code)

apples • 2 months ago

Apparently, there is no way to hook up an external keyboard to this device. According to a post buried in the comments on this blog site10 months ago, one of the campaign organizers wrote. "We found out that it is USB out only, it does not have a host controller." That was in response to somebody asking if they could physically hook up an external keyboard through the usb port.

http://goodereader.com/blog/good-e-reader-13-3-support
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote