View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #74
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwurm70 View Post
So, I plugged in my Aura to Calibre today and transferred a few more books. I noticed that this time the books I transferred yesterday it did add the Series metadata to the books loaded onto the Aura from yesterday.

Loaded a few more Calibre books not on the Aura this morning. Ejected device, shut down Calibre, restarted both Calibre and device. Plugged Aura back in, connect to Calibre, did the whole process again two more times. Still no series information on the device after two additional connects to Calibre after the initial transfer. But since the ones from yesterday the series did eventually transfer I'm hopeful that will happen.
This, and shelves, is part of the main Kobo driver. If the book on the device matches a book in the calibre library and the book has a series, it the driver should set the series info on the device at the next connect. If it doesn't, then there is a problem. The most common reason for this is that "Metadata management" on the "Send to books to devices" page of the preferences is not set to automatic. But, if it worked once, that should be OK.

To see what is happening, I need a debug log. Could you:

- Open the driver configuration and put the title of a book that is not getting its series set into the debg title field.
- Restart calibre in debug mode by right-clicking on the preference button and selecting "Restart in debug mode".
- Calibre will close, then restart and display a message about the debug log.
- Connect the device and let calibre do its sync.
- When the sync is finished, close calibre.
- The debug log will be displayed. Post or PM me the log to look at.

Quote:
Now regarding the Shelves / Collections on the Kobo Aura and Calibre. I can see 4 shelves that are listed on my Aura and when I click on the Device button in Calibre those shelves show in a "Collection" field. I have an added field in Calibre that I added to put "shelf" information for my iBooks program and named it "Genre". How do I connect that "Genre" field in Calibre to the "Collection" field in the device area of Calibre and then get that uploaded onto the Aura as a shelf?
Have a look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193184 for how to do shelves. If there is still a problem, ask away.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote