View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 07:28 PM   #24
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebl View Post
BetterRed, thank you again for your efforts. I was very optimistic, since the conversion worked with single files using the previous calibre and plugin versions and only the wrong path prevented the bulk operation to work. So I've copied the wordconv.exe in the required directory (how didn't I think of this trick?) but the result was the error below.
Then I tested again with only one file and it's the same.

Update:
I've tried performing the conversion for a single file, this time modifying the path to any of the two locations of wordconv.exe in Program Files x86:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\wordconv.exe
and
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\wordconv.exe
Both of them worked.

Maybe wordconv.exe requires some kind of registration like when registering controls or dlls? Anyway it doesn't seem to like being run from a different location that the one it was installed to.
So I guess the solution would be to be able indeed to specify a different path in Preferences/Input. Currently, after browsing to the new location, the path appears in the filed but after applying changes it is not saved.
@rebl - It would appear the PI is trying to use
'wordconv_exe_path': u'c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\Wordconv.exe'

You could right about wordconv.exe being 'locked' into the location into which it was installed, Office is a cantankerous thing. On my system it appears in the Default value of ...Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{BC7ADC2B-CC8C-48d2-A820-1BC605B0D3C7}\LocalServer32 as c:\\Program Files (86)\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\Wordconv.exe.

Aaaah, I just installed DOC Input. I think I see the problem, the PI doesn't appear to save the location of wordconv.exe. I would expect it to create a file named DOC Input.json in the %CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY%\plugins in which it would persist the path to wordconv.exe - but I don't see any such thing.

So every time it executes it reverts back to its default location ==>> c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\Wordconv.exe

I suspect the PI was written and tested on a 32 bit (maybe XP) environment.

Maybe David can tweak the PI to get it to save the location of wordconv.exe in its own json file.

Office would assume that any program wanting to invoke wordconv.exe would get its location from the Windows Registry, via its 'well known' CLSID - Ψ²*∞

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote