View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 06:34 AM   #60
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegAnne View Post
Weird enough, I do not see the + sign anymore either, they must have changed something. BUT... if I'm logged on and I see the list of the books by Ilona Andrews, the column Genre shows those codes, 1 to 3 letters.

Uhm, just tried logging out and re-doing the search by author. The same codes show as the 2nd column: http://www.fictiondb.com/author/auth...d=41176&ltyp=3
If this helps: I'm guessing they use UF for Urban Fantasy, PNR for Paranormal Romance etc.
If you hover the mouse over the code, the name for the code is displayed. And, you are correct for these two. From a quick look, whatever genre is used in the list is one of the genre's shown on the book page.
Quote:
Still on the weirdness... I tried a search for Kim Harrison and got this: http://www.fictiondb.com/search/sear...arrison&styp=5
The code is the 3rd field. I'm lost.
That is a different list with a different purpose and hence different details. The first list is on the author page, so the author is always the same. The second list is a general search where your search argument is match against the author, title, series and ISBN. Your search would match a book called "An Analysis of the Fiction of Kim Harrison" which is probably not written by Kim Harrison. For a real example, search for "Robert Heinlein". The result has three books with that in the title.
Quote:
If I'm logged on, the data is more consistent: the column Genre, with those codes, is the 4th one.
I get more columns, but they are extras on the two different lists.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote