View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
It's gone. I used to be able to get my Kindle S/N number from my Manage My Kindle page to generate my Kindle PID. As of this morning, that information is no longer visible.

I went to get the S/N for my registered iPod Touch and noticed all the S/N's are gone.

Fortunately there are other ways to get the info but I wanted to give everyone a heads up.

I'll be updating the Visual Kindle Guide today to reflect this change.
Add this into the Visual Kindle Guide...

There is a way to get the serial number that Amazon used to display for the iPhone/iPod Touch (though we only have a Touch).

The backup directory that iTunes creates is that number. It is a 41 character string.

Under Vista it's in c:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
Under XP it's in c:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

Replace USERNAME with whatever the name of the account is.

I have no idea where this is with OS X.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-06-2009 at 12:58 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote