View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 02:55 AM   #13
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
And since Sigil has no idea if the css file you just added is the one-and-only, or only the first-of-many, it wouldn't make sense to automatically link it to every html file.
I've got that going on in something I'm working on now. I have a specific style I've gotten from somewhere else on this forum, and during testing I placed it into a separate stylesheet (for some reason--it seemed to be the thing to do at the time). That style is used in only about five or six chapters out of the book, so I have only linked that sheet to those chapters.

So my question is, is there a speed issue here? Could linking that unused stylesheet--or copying those specific styles into my main stylesheet--cause some slowdown in the overall epub? --Or the inverse, could copying that style into my main stylesheet and deleting the "extra" one speed up the the process?

I've been curious about this because my I re-use the same stylesheet in every epub I do, and it has styles that are often not used in that specific book. And I don't go out of my way to delete the unused styles at the end of development. So am I setting a little "time"-bomb here?

Last edited by JustinThought; 03-16-2017 at 03:00 AM.
JustinThought is offline   Reply With Quote