View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 12:43 AM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
I've been going in a minimalist direction with collections having each book put in a collection of the author's name and one or at the most two genres. Do you generally limit the number of collections a book is in or put in any and all that might fit it?
Personally, I don't use collections. I do add the series info to the metadata (which may not necessarily be a real series unless you consider "Microsoft SCCM" as a series) and use search to locate what I am looking for. I find it takes me fewer keystrokes to locate a book using search than any other way. If I put the ebooks currently on my ereader into collections based on author name, series and genre, I would have over 1000 collections.

An sample search would be looking for a book in David Weber/John Ringo's Empire of Man series. To search for the books, I simple enter emp in the search box, tap Empire of Man in the suggestions and there are the 4 books in the series. This does have some issues with series such as the Grantville Gazette, J. D. Robb's In Death or Terry Pratchett's Discworld where the series has 40-70 books in it so you are paging through multiple screens. Equally easy to search by title or author -- simply entering wr brings up Patricia C. Wrede as a suggestion. Note that the search is not limited to starting at the first character of a series, title or author name -- entering laz brings up Roger Zelazny as a search suggestion.

At other times, I simply open the library page and enter a random number for the page number to pick a book more or less at random.

Last edited by DNSB; 01-05-2017 at 12:45 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote