View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 02:32 PM   #10
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Your idea of running a sequence of plugins in order seems to me to be a good starting point for any more advanced automated lists type project.

I will start playing around with a way to get a return value (true or false for success or failure) from a plugin so that we know to continue to the next plugin in the list or not. Plugins themselves already return a value but the plugin running codes does not pass it back.

Then as a proof of concept, a text file with a list of plugin names to run (one per line) could be read from a "automate01.txt" file stored in Sigil's Preferences folder.

We could perhaps start with support for 3 different "automate0X.txt" files so multiple lists exist simultaneously: one for open, one for save, and one for common editing for example.

We then add an Automation toolbar with 3 icons (each one dedicated to an automation list).

Would something this simple be of interest to others?

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipgessert View Post
Running a bunch of plugins in order alone would be pretty amazing. Automating that, maybe the TOC/metadata stuff + epubcheck and I personally would be happy as a clam. that list sounds awesome.

Last edited by KevinH; 08-10-2021 at 05:02 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote