View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #1
Rob557
Zealot
Rob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Question Sort library by length of title (or author, etc) ?

Some titles are ridiculously long. Does anyone have an approach, such as using a custom column, to sort the library based on the length of the title (or length of authors, etc)? I would then manually edit the largest ones.

One partial tool seems to be the Quality Check plugin (check metadata / check titles with series), which seems to list a lot of the problem titles (I think because it includes a check for ":" which is often used in extended titles ... I don't know how to do a direct check for ":" in the title because something like search:: doesn't work in the search field).

An alternative is to generate an excel-type catalog of the library and then sort within excel using len(...), but I was wondering if the sort can be done within Calibre to make it easier to group the items to be edited?
Rob557 is offline   Reply With Quote