View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
1. The dictionary is builtin. You do NOT have to be connected to use it. Only wrinkle - there is no facility to key in a word and look it up - i.e. the word must be in the book you are reading; you then select it and click "Look up"

2. You can turn WiFi off. In fact, with the STR I seldom if ever turn it on, usually only if I want to buy a book. This is completely opposite from the way I use my Color Nook (a tablet), where I usually have WiFi on, because I am picking up email, surfing the web, etc

3. No, side-loaded books can only be deleted by using the USB connection and a computer.

4. You can sort books either by title or author. If you sort by author, it uses the last name of the author.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote