Thread: Battery Life
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #36
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratkity View Post
Is it War and Peace?

Hugs,
Ratkity
LOL. It's not, but apparently it may as well be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Those monitor programs aren't always truthful. The android has it own built in but of course Amazon removed this feature. If you use a certain program alot even if it's not one to drain the battery the percentage will still be high because it more calculates what time you spent on an app to get it's percentage.
That could be it. I use my fire mostly for reading books lately, but I do also play a fair amount of games on it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
It may be that every time one opens the Amazon Kindle Reader, ALL book files are scanned. Thus, your epubs and PDF's may be soaking the battery.

You could experiment by removing all epubs and PDF's for a day and see what happens. If it makes a huge difference, then remove only the epubs and see what happens. Then put it back the next day and just remove the PDF's.
That's interesting and something I hadn't considered before. I do have all my books on my device. Maybe I should move some of the non-kindle books to the cloud and see. It's a weird quirk, but I like to keep all my books on my device just in case I want to access one. I may move them as an experiment though to see. I only have 3 pdf's, but who knows, it could be them as well. Thanks for your reply and suggestion.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote