View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 01:20 AM   #9
attemptress
Enthusiast
attemptress began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
Assistance, please!

First off, thanks for doing the legwork on this!

I've been unsuccessful in my attempts to get this to work for me. Here's the situation/steps so far . . .

1. I rooted my PE using Z4root - no problems
2. I downloaded and installed Link2SD
3. I partitioned my sd card using MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition--I made 2 partitions, 1 FAT 32 and 1 EXT3
4. I made the changes to void.fstab.external and void.fstab.internal, as instructed by Kennyminot. These files are now EXACT copies of the text files provided in the link posted earlier by Kenny minot.
5. I made sure the partitioned card was in the slot, and re-booted.
6. PE claims that I do not have an sd card mounted (although, thankfully, my apps n' stuff still run fine).
7. I check to see where my stuff is, using root explorer. Sure enough, my apps are all listed in the extsd folder. I double check the void.fstab files. I make sure they have the same "owner" and "permissions" as the other files in the system/etc folder.
8.I reconsult the forum thread, and based on bmkoknl's experience, download SDformatter, reformatted my microSD, re-partitioned it, and tried again.
9. No luck
10. Re-format and re-partition, take 3. This time, I give the partitions ids. "sdcard" for the fat32 partition, and "sdext2" for the EXT3 partition.
11. Re-boot . . . and nope.

Help!!!!!

When booting up, I get a brief message in my taskbar that says "SD card is empty (or contains no data, I don't recall which)." I've tried it both with and without actual "stuff" on the FAT32 partition of the disk.

In Link2SD, The following error message pops up "Second partition not found:No SD card present."

Sigh.

Suggestions?
Assistance?
attemptress is offline   Reply With Quote