View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 09:50 AM   #4
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
I understand what it is. I still think the price is absurd. I mean... $3.9 million?!?!?!?! I could understand a few hundred thousand dollars. But $3.9 million? I don't even know how to explain how ridiculous this appears to me. Sure, Rowling is famous, but I don't think she changed literature in any significant way (I don't think her books are all that original, even though they are quite entertaining). I'm not disputing the book's worth. It's worth whatever people will pay for it and people will pay big bucks for stuff by Rowling. I just have a hard time coping with the idea that it's actually worth that much. The main value of a book, to me, isn't the author or how many copies exist, but the content.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote