View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 01:37 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookiebabe View Post
Hi all!

I'm an ebook Calibre mangment junkie, but missing necessary tech gene needed for this stuff. Hoping someone has simple suggestion for my issue.

I've got a new Asus Zenpad, and trying to get my Moon+Reader Pro (or FB Reader Premium) to display my whole Calibre library on "My Shelf", so I can browse for next read by book covers.

I managed to get my Calibre synced with Dropbox, and tie it to my Moon+Reader, so now my whole Calibre library is accessible from my tablet, but only in 'Calibre' folder format, with folders for each author. No matter what I do, i can't make 'My Shelf' in Moon+Reader see the library. I have an enormous slew of books, so really can't imagine the time it would take to 'send to device' all of my books to get them on tablet.

I tried pasting my whole existing Calibre library into External SD card, figuring even though it wouldn't sync to Calibre, at least I'd see my library to date displayed on My Shelf in Moon, but it didn't work.

I DO have enough storage, both internal memory on my tablet, and external SD card, to fit my whole library, but still can't make it display on My Shelf.

Do I need Calibre Companion here, or what? I don't really care what program i use to do it, but somehow need to 'view' by book cover my whole calibre library from my tablet, be able to select book, and open in a reader program. My Calibre is successfully synced to both Dropbox and Googledrive.

Does anyone by chance have idiot proof instructions on how to make this happen? My guy and I have been searching net for days... can't come up with a solution.

Thanks so much for anyone who can assist!

Rachel
i dont use " my shelf" i just go to "my files" view instead, which can be set to show any folder( as a list)
"my shelf" has a few quirks but I am pretty sure you can go to moon preferences and set it to auto add books from a specific folder location ( like your SD card)

calibre companion can do the job also, and has its own sub forum for help
other readers with the "shelf" concept are Aldiko, Bookari, they both have free trial versions.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote