View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 12:37 PM   #9
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
OK, here's an update. When they are in the correct place in my calibre config directory (Windows 7), the 2 customised jacket files are called:
C:\Documents and Settings\myuserid\Application Data\calibre\resources\jacket\stylesheet.css
C:\Documents and Settings\myuserid\Application Data\calibre\resources\jacket\template.xhtml
They are in the attached jacket.zip

Quote:
1. Remove Publisher name from showing
2. See series indicated as you have Series Name (#) rather than Book # of Series Name
Done as requested.
Quote:
4. Indicate Pages and Words. This would preferably be located under the Publish Date in the "boxed" section, but if Chaley's reply is accurate, then it has to go in the "footers" area like your picture. This is fine too. I would like Appx. to show before the words label IF POSSIBLE.
Custom columns Pages and Words can be "in the box". I've included them twice to see which you prefer, namely:
  • each on its own line as one row of a table with 2 cols (label: value) This is the calibre default for the part of the "box" below the ornamental line.
  • both on same line spread across full width of box, i.e. spanning the 2 default cols.
Quote:
5. I want the tags to stretch the full width of the box rather than just to the right of the label. It looks really bad now because I choose long tags and many. I moved {tags} below {tags_label} in the xhtml when I viewed the table using MS Word but cannot see if it was effective because I can't get things to where they need to be to test. If {tags} have to show in the footers section also, that would be fine as long as it can have {tags_label} right above it.
For Tags I've included 2 options:
  • In the "box", centred and spread across full width of box, i.e. spanning the 2 default cols.
  • Outside the "box", above the Comments.
Quote:
3. I would like {author_link} to show under the author's name assuming the field is populated. A label is not necessary. Again, if it cannot be added in this area, then immediately after the "boxed section' is fine. I THINK I'm naming that field correctly as I saw it in other things. If possible, I want it to generate as an active link.
Now the Bad News. I don't use Author links so I'm not sure how they're supposed to work or how/if they can be included in the jacket. (I tried simply using {author_link_map} but that didn't work) A more knowledgeable guru is required if you want to pursue this. chaley is the template maestro, but how much of the template functionality that works in catalogs can also be used in jackets, I have no idea.

Finally, I've attached a screencap of the new jacket using your test epub (with the excess Comments removed).

[ETA: I see Android as your Reader details. Based on my experience, some of the popular Android reader apps may make a complete pig's ear of the calibre jacket styling. On the other hand chaley's wonderful Calibre Companion app will mean you never need to bother embedding a calibre jacket at all. All the calibre metadata you could possibly wish to see without needing to open the epub (or azw3, pdf,... etc) at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jacket2.jpg
Views:	870
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	127578  
Attached Files
File Type: zip jacket.zip (2.1 KB, 423 views)

Last edited by jackie_w; 08-31-2014 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Android comment
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote