View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 07:22 PM   #6
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
Where I am after feedback...

THANK YOU EVERYONE for you input and clarification of thread location. This seemed the place since I saw other threads on editing metadata templates here. I do hate when people don't take the time to figure it out. EACH reply is addressed below.

@BETTERRED, thanks for the input. I, however, cannot find the config folder. I tried ProgramFiles..., User/Appdata/Local... and Roaming..., and I looked at files under the main folders and do not see the referenced files that match the resources/catalog files you mentioned. I too start by learning to "hack away" and pick up more as I go. However, I cannot find what you reference although I would like to for the future. Perhaps a FULL LOCATION PATH would be more helpful. If I overlooked the obvious, I can slap my head with a, "Doh!" after seeing it.

@JACKIE_W, thanks for the visual. You have the right idea. I use the Count Pages plug-in for pages and words. I would like that info in the book metadata jacket also and not just as a column I see in Calibre. The lookup name is Words. I don't know if in this case you use Words or #words. I suppose it can't hurt to show both Pages and then Words.

I want to modify the following (a sketchup picture is attached):
  1. Remove Publisher name from showing
  2. See series indicated as you have Series Name (#) rather than Book # of Series Name
  3. I would like {author_link} to show under the author's name assuming the field is populated. A label is not necessary. Again, if it cannot be added in this area, then immediately after the "boxed section' is fine. I THINK I'm naming that field correctly as I saw it in other things. If possible, I want it to generate as an active link.
  4. Indicate Pages and Words. This would preferably be located under the Publish Date in the "boxed" section, but if Chaley's reply is accurate, then it has to go in the "footers" area like your picture. This is fine too. I would like Appx. to show before the words label IF POSSIBLE.
  5. I want the tags to stretch the full width of the box rather than just to the right of the label. It looks really bad now because I choose long tags and many. I moved {tags} below {tags_label} in the xhtml when I viewed the table using MS Word but cannot see if it was effective because I can't get things to where they need to be to test. If {tags} have to show in the footers section also, that would be fine as long as it can have {tags_label} right above it.
I figured out some of the saving to xhtml after research, trial, and error, but I cannot figure out where to put things now and if I have to modify the stylesheet.css in order to test my changes.

I would need some direction, if BETTER RED is accurate, as to where to place the modified file(s) if ProgramFiles../Calibre../resources/jacket is not the correct directory. FULL LOCATION PATHS are most helpful.

ATTACHED is a picture of what I would like. Also attached is the epub I made to generate this info in case it helps with anything.

@CHALEY, you information was helpful in framing the above ideas, but it's not something I can try yet because I can't get files where they need to be to work. It's probably simple, but I'm baffled right now. I can't learn how to do composite columns until I can test my tweaking. (By the way, I am in Calbre 2.1) I'm hoping help, perhaps as from JACKIE_W, will get me there. I need the visual now to overcome this learning hurdle. Thanks.

SIDE NOTE: Anyone know how to get the tags to print alphabetically like they show in the book details pane and columns? I know that when in Edit Metadata, they show according to how they were entered. I see they print in the Book Metadata Jacket the same way. I'll likely ask this as a separate thread later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Book Metadata Jacket Template MARKUPS.jpg
Views:	914
Size:	312.8 KB
ID:	127547  
Attached Files
File Type: epub _Test Author -_Test Book Series 0- _Test Book Series MERGED (251words).epub (958.9 KB, 353 views)

Last edited by jecilop; 08-30-2014 at 11:15 PM. Reason: edited attached photo and typos
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote