Old 02-08-2014, 01:07 AM   #656
tkeo
Connoisseur
tkeo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi,

Thanks for your modifications. It seems a significant percent of your changes have to do with parsing the RESC section. The text direction itself is stored in the exth metadata. The cover image info is also available from exth values.

So what types of useful information are you capturing from the RESC section? For most of the examples I have seen, it is basically a small shell and not that useful.

Will you please post a small mobi azw3 style test case for rtl ebooks and a second test case that shows significant information in the RESC section that can't be found in other places in the EXTH metadata?

Also, perhaps we should pull the RESC parsing code into its own file to make the changes more self-contained and easier to follow.

Thanks,

KevinH
Hi KevinH,

Thanks for your comments.

Yes, you are right. The text direction and the cover image info are stored in the EXTH. The most imortant infomation in the RESC I need to retrieve is the "page-spread property" in each spine itemref tag, which is necessary to show the images spaned on two pages correctly in a landscape view.
I will prepare and post an example later.

I am thinking that the cover image info and the spine itemref ids in the RESC help to make nearer the output to the source ebook processed by kindlegen. But I'm not sure someone wants or not.
I've also found "creator role" and "creator display-seq" which might make more detailed retrieval; however, I cold not found how to get correspondence between in metadata and in RECS if creators are plural.

I will consider to separate code. Currently, the modified parts of code are integrated to mobi_k8proc.py and mobi_k8opf.py, in order to find correspondeces from the spine itemrefs in the RESC to the original K8Processor class, based on skeleton ids and xhtml finenames.

Thanks,
tkeo
tkeo is offline   Reply With Quote