View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #59
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
this is embarrassing, I totally flubbed what I said about Darwin
No problem at all. It takes a rare person to admit a mistake (even a small one) on the web these days

There are situations where our genes program us to protect others even if it puts us at risk but it usually only occurs when saving our children (or very close family members). The act looks like an example of self sacrifice but the reality is that our genes are shared with our kids so preserving their life means it raises the chances of our shared genes being passed on. I'm pretty sure it was covered in the book the Selfish Gene (Dawkins) and he explains it far better than I can after a few glasses of wine.
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote