View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #53
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
Congratulations Wizwor, I have rarely seen a post that short that also managed to contain so many metric tons of derp. From climate change denial, to a deeply flawed misstatement of natural selection (even Darwin described the benefit of helping the "less fit", and his theory has been refined to an incredible extent since then) and to a head-scratcher of a statement about vegans and abortion.

I really shouldn't, but I am going to pick a specific nit in your post - that Time cover you posted is fake. Time never predicted a coming ice age. Here's the actual, undoctored cover:

The idea in the 70s that the Earth was cooling rather than warming? Ya, that was an invention of the media and did not reflect scientific opinion. A survey of peer-reviewed scientific papers published between 1965 and 1979 showed that the large majority of research at the time predicted that the earth would warm as carbon-dioxide levels rose.

This.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote